Amulet's Display Modules for Medical Applications
Is it time to give your medical application a new look and feel?
Amulet's color display GEMmodules™ are production ready, fully integrated GUI solutions that can significantly reduce time-to-market and initial project resource requirements for medical product manufacturers. Compatible with GEMstudio Pro™, the easiest, fastest and most flexible graphical user interface (GUI) software design tool, Amulet GEMmodules can be easily programmed with smartphone-like graphical user interfaces which can be effortlessly updated and modified. By utilizing an Amulet display module for your medical application, a complete production ready solution with innovative touch controls and beautiful graphics can be realized in record time.
GEMmodules' key features include:
- robust capacitive touch panel
- thick protective cover glass
- water resistant panel
- glove-enabled touch panel
Why are Amulet's HMI Solutions ideal for the Medical Industry?
Amulet's "Intelligent Display" module is a self-contained unit, with its own microcontroller and firmware. Amulet has developed the GEM OS which offers a small footprint, allowing for extremely fast start-up times and lightning quick touch responses. Avoiding COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf Software) and open source software, Amulet provides a well understood and fully documented development process.
Other key points:
- The "Black Box" approach of the HMI display sub-system allows the system designer to partition the design, allowing for the display sub-system to have the lowest possible safety classification.
- The Amulet solution allows the avoidance of the SOUP (Software of Unknown Pedigree) classification.
- The development of all software related components comes from a single source - Amulet Technologies. It is not based on open-source software of any kind, also eliminating the potential hazards of commercially available software.
- No software configuration management is needed and the designer will not need to consider the revisions of compilers, linkers, libraries, drivers or any OS related files.
- Software and control of the HMI can be partitioned as a separate software component, with its software classification assigned separately. The Amulet portion of the design can be developed with no negative influence of other parts of software that fall under a higher safety class. The amount of document preparation for certification can be kept to a minimum.
- Amulet, as an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, has mirrored many of the processes outlined in ISO 13485:2003. Documentation of processes can be provided.
WIN a Starter-kit!
Register to WIN your very own 7 inch capacitive GEMstarter-kit and get started on your medical design today! The Kit comes with everything needed to create and drive a Graphical User Interface (GUI), including a 800 x 480 TFT LCD, a capacitive touch sensor and controller board, USB PC interface cable, and a USB power cable. The GEMstarter-kit also comes with a free 30-Day Trial of GEMstudio Pro, Amulet's embedded GUI design tool. Register to Win!
Get your FREE software
For a limited time, Amulet is offering a FREE GEMstudio Pro software license (value of $499) with the purchase of Amulet's 7" GEMstarter-kit. Learn More!
Or you can download a fully functional trial version of Amulet's GEMstudio Pro, free for 30 days without any feature restrictions, or purchase a permanent license online. Try or Buy!